- Welcome to www.proforce.net.au (“Site”). ProForce grants licenses to individuals and teams (our “Subscribers”) to access online educational and training modules for financial education and other coaching services (our “Subscription Services”).
- Protecting your personal information is very important to us. When you share your personal information with us, we treat it with care and take our responsibility to protect it seriously. We only use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected.
- We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained under the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
a. the types of personal information we collect;
b. how and when we collect, use, store, disclose and otherwise handle personal information;
c. the purposes for which we collect, use, and disclose personal information;
d. how you may access your personal information;
e. how to update your personal information;
f. how you can make a complaint and how we deal with any such complaint; and
g. how to contact us.
2. The meaning of Personal Information
Personal information means information about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from that information (“Personal Information”).
- When you access or use our Site, we may automatically receive, collect, and record Personal Information about you through the Site directly when you:
a. subscribe to our Subscription Services;
b. join our Site as a Subscriber; or
c. register an interest in relation to our Subscription Services.
- The Personal Information we collect from you is so that we can supply you with our or provide you with information about our Subscription Services.
interface as follows:
5. What Personal Information is collected?
- The Personal Information we collect from you may include:
b. address (town/city, state, post code, country),
e. payment data
f. marketing information including social media networks, and
g. any other information as specified in the Subscriber Account interface (“Subscriber Account”)
- We may collect additional information from you at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide marketing information, when you provide feedback, when you change your Subscriber Account or email preference, and when you respond to our surveys and/or promotions, or communicate with our customer support.
- When we collect your Personal Information for marketing purposes, it will be in circumstances where you would reasonably expect the data to be used for marketing purposes, and we will always give you a means to “opt out” of any marketing communications.
- You also have the option of not providing your Personal Information to us. If you choose to withhold your Personal Information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our Subscription Services or for you to access certain parts of our Site or for us to respond to your query.
- You are entirely responsible for the security of your user name and password (“Login Details”) It is important that you keep your Subscriber Account and Login Details secure. You must not give your Login Details to any other person. You must notify us immediately if you are aware, or believe, that someone other than yourself has access to your Subscriber Account.
- You should also take measures, such as changing your Login Details regularly, so that your Subscriber Account is secure.
6. How we collect your Personal Information
- ProForce collects Personal Information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically or in person, through customer support on the phone, when we supply our Subscription Services to you, through surveys, when you access our Site or complete online Site forms to subscribe to our Subscription Services or when you register an interest in any of our
- You may provide Personal Information to us directly or you may supply it to us digitally when you use our Site or subscribe to our Subscription Services.
7. How we use your Personal Information
- We may use the Personal Information collected from you to supply you with our Subscription Services and for ongoing sales and support.
- If you choose to withhold your Personal Information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our Subscription Services
- We use your Personal Information for marketing purposes to make you aware of new products, services and opportunities available to you.
- We may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, SMS, mail or social media sites.
- We may send you Site-related emails, mobile-phone push notifications and messages. You can opt out of our mailing list if you select the ‘unsubscribe’ service provided by us in every communication.
8. Disclosure of your Personal Information and Third Parties with access to it
- We may from time to time need to disclose Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any Personal Information and non-Personal Information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement that maintains confidentiality.
9. Access to and how you can control your Personal Information
You may request details of Personal Information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your Personal Information or believe that your Personal Information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, please contact us at our contact details below.
10. Data Ownership
- As a user of the Site, you own all right, title and interest in the Personal Information that you provide to us (your “Data”). You are solely responsible for the accuracy, quality, legality, integrity, reliability and appropriateness of your Data.
- We and any related entities own all right, title and interest in any data or information that we create, generate, compile, derive, or produce in connection with our Site or the supply of our Subscription Services, including data and information that is:a. aggregate or raw or statistical data relating to usage, analytics and results of the Site or research relating to the supply of our Subscription Services; b. for the purpose of optimising delivery, commercialisation and performance of our Site; and c. samples and prototypes, conclusions, techniques, know how, methods, and undocumented findings generated in the usual course of our business.
- When you use, or access our Site or any third-party platform, including third party service providers, such as Google Analytics, third-party payment gateway providers or other third-party advertising and links, there may be cookies and similar technologies that store log files to collect information about your use of the Site
- Cookies are small text files (often including a unique identifier) that can be stored on your computer, tablet or mobile device when you visit a website. A cookie stores a small amount of data on your device about your visit to a website.
- These small files contain information about your browsing activity. Cookies are also used to identify you when you come back to the Site and store details about your use of the Site. They are widely used to make websites work more efficiently, to improve user experience and also to provide information to website operators.
- In addition, cookies can be used to analyse traffic and may be used to serve relevant ads to Site visitors through third party services such as Google AdWords.
- To understand more about cookies and how they are set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- We may use the following cookies to help the functioning of the Site and to improve user experience:a. Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the functioning of the Site and help to improve the efficiency of the Site for users. b. Analytical/performance cookies: These cookies monitor your use of the Site. For example, they collect information about website traffic and use, unique users, unique sessions and store information about users’ sessions and website campaigns. c. Targeting/advertising cookies: These cookies help us to provide useful and more targeted advertising. d. Preference cookies: These cookies help us to identify Users, so that we remember your preferences on the Site.
- We may also use web beacons, action tags, and tracking devices to provide analytical and User data that can help us monitor usage and improve the Site.
- Non-Personal Information is information about you or your activities which cannot be used to personally identify you. We may collect non-Personal Information through your browser, through text files (cookies), applications (e.g. mobile applications), and your IP address. We use non Personal Information to compile statistical information about the use of our Site (or for maintenance purposes) which may include (but is not limited to) recording your server address, your top-level domain name, the date and time of your visit to the Site, the pages you accessed and downloaded, the previous site you visited and the types of browser you are using.
13. Third-Party Services
- We also share information about your use of the Site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners.
- We are committed to ensuring that the Personal Information you provide to us is secure. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the security of your Personal Information.
- We employ appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised disclosure or alteration.
- These measures include where appropriate or required by law, computer safeguards and secured, Internet firewalls, intrusion detection, anti-virus protection, network monitoring and Secure Sockets Layer(“SSL”) or similarly encrypted browsers.
- While we take precautions against possible security breaches of our Site and servers, no website or Internet transmission can be guaranteed to be totally secure. The security of your data is important to us but remember no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% private and secure. We do not guarantee or warrant the absolute privacy or security of any data we collect from or about you.
- The Internet is an insecure medium and users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet. Information submitted unencrypted via electronic mail or web forms may be at risk of being intercepted, read or modified.
- You also acknowledge that the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the Internet or by post at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to your Personal Information where the security of information is not within our control.
15. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- Your use of our Site is at your own risk. The Site is provided on an “as is” basis.
- We will take all reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information secure but to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your Personal Information. This includes (but is not limited to) loss or damage you might suffer because of any of the following:
a. reliance on the completeness, accuracy, suitability or currency of the Site (including thirdparty material and advertisements);
b. failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third-party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records.
c. accessing any sites or servers maintained by other organisations through links on the Site or any communication from the Site. Links are provided for the convenience of users of the Site only and without responsibility for the content or operation of those sites (unless otherwise stated, linked sites and the services are not endorsed by us and your linking to any such site is at your own risk);
d. the provision of financial information, the failure to complete (or delay in completing) any transaction, or other loss or damage arising from any e-commerce transacted or attempted to be transacted on the Site.
- We do not warrant that the Site will be uninterrupted or free from error or that any defects on the Site will be corrected or that the Site or servers are free of viruses or other harmful conditions or components.
- To the extent permitted by law, we disclaim liability, whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, for damages of any kind (including, but not limited to indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages) in any way arising from the functionality, operation or the information provided by the Site including but not limited to damages arising from interruptions of service or delays in operation or transmission even if we are expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
16. Access to and how you can control your Personal Information
- You may request details of Personal Information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Laws. We give you access to your Personal Information for the purpose of correcting any Personal Information that is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date.
- Please regularly update your records and your Subscriber Account via our Site. If you would like a copy of your data or believe that your data is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
- Please be aware that you may need to provide proof of identity before we can change your records or update your details. We may refuse to provide you with certain information where permitted or required by law.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
If we use your Personal Information to market and promote our Subscription Services, you may notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material by contacting us directly or through the “unsubscribe” mechanism in our marketing or promotional emails
18. Law and Jurisdiction
If you think we have breached the Privacy Laws or wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your Personal Information or other information connected to your Subscriber Account or if you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, please contact us using our details provided below.
20. Contact Us